Women and Girls in Soccer has announced the first-of-its-kind WAGS Childcare Grant; an $80,000 fund to be distributed to individual female coaches and semi-pro players to help them stay in the game.
Women and Girls in Soccer is awarding up to a $1,200 Childcare Grant per recipient, committing $80,000 to empower and support women in soccer for which affording childcare can be a barrier to their ability to stay in the game. Applicants must be a female licensed coach or semi-pro player competing in Fall 2023 and/or Spring 2024. The grant will be awarded to female coaches of all levels and female semi-pro players based on the WAGS Childcare Grant application process.
Moms spoke, WAGS listened. Lula Bauer, WAGS Chairwoman stated, “We’ve been hearing from highly skilled coaches that childcare costs are one barrier to moms staying in the game. We know women who feel supported are more likely to stay in the game. That’s why WAGS is so honored to be able to support and empower these brilliant, hard-working moms all over the country by offering the first-of-its-kind WAGS Childcare Grant.” Lula, a seasoned soccer coach and mom of three, also noted “Having these funds when I was raising my boys would have been a game changer, it could have helped me bring my child-care provider and my boys to practices and games with me!”
WAGS Childcare Grant Requirements and Checklist
- Scholarship Amounts
- Grant Scholarships of up to $1,200 each totaling an $80,000 investment
- Licensed Coach
- Actively coaching a team which will compete in Fall 2023 and /or Spring 2024 with verification
- Rostered active Semi -Pro player playing in Fall 2023 and /or Spring 2024 with verification
- Need based
- Completed Application
- Documents as associated with application should be uploaded as a PDF
- Expect notification of your application status Mid-September 2023