Women and Girls in Soccer is awarding four $10,000 college scholarships to empower and support the exceptional female soccer athlete to play at the collegiate level. Applicants must be rostered and playing on a team accepted and playing in the WAGS Rael Vodicka Annual Soccer Tournament held annually in October.
- Applicants must be 17-19 years of age
- A minimum 3.7 GPA
- A commitment to play soccer in college
- Applicants do not need to be a U.S. citizen
WAGS will award four scholarships to players who meet the above criteria, who excel in a broad variety of extracurricular activities and who demonstrate active participation in community service. WAGS is looking for individuals who embrace the qualities and characteristics necessary to play on an elite soccer team and who apply these qualities to her daily life.
The deadline for submitting was February 12, 2018. Scholarships will be announced and awarded in May, 2018.
If you have questions regarding your application, please email us at email@example.com.
WAGS Scholarship Requirements and Checklist
- Scholarship Amounts
- Four (4) scholarships of $10,000 each
- 17-19 years of age
- Graduating high school senior
- Actively rostered to a team accepted and playing in the WAGS Rael Vodicka Tournament during the year of application. Copy of the state certified roster is required.
- Committed or planning to play in college. Confirmation of acceptance required before funds are awarded.
- Minimum 3.70 GPA. Copy of high school transcript required.
- Checklist (documents associated with b through e should be uploaded as PDF files)
- Completed application.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- Soccer reference
- Character reference
- Applicant’s choice
- Soccer resume (maximum one-page)
- Resume outlining academic, extracurricular and community activities (maximum one-page)
- Applicant’s essay on how “Soccer has Empowered Me” (500-word maximum)