Adele Dolansky College Scholarships
Women and Girls in Soccer is awarding four $10,000 college scholarships to empower and support the exceptional female soccer athlete to play at the collegiate level. Applicants must be rostered and playing on a team accepted and playing in the WAGS Rael Vodicka Annual Soccer Tournament held annually in October.
Applications are closed for 2023. Scholarships will be announced in May. We had very impressive submissions for our scholarship committee to review. The 2024 application link will open in October 2023.
WAGS 2022 $10,000 Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to our recipients on this well deserved award, we wish you good luck in your next chapter. WAGS is honored to help women and girls reach their goals through soccer.
- Applicants must be 17-19 years of age
- A minimum 3.7 GPA
- A commitment to play soccer in college
- Applicants do not need to be a U.S. citizen
WAGS will award four scholarships to players who meet the above criteria, who excel in a broad variety of extracurricular activities and who demonstrate active participation in community service. WAGS is looking for individuals who embrace the qualities and characteristics necessary to play on an elite soccer team and who apply these qualities to her daily life.
Submissions for 2024 will open in October 2023. Scholarships will be announced and awarded in May, 2023.
If you have questions regarding your application, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAGS Scholarship Requirements and Checklist
- Scholarship Amounts
- Four (4) scholarships of $10,000 each
- 17-19 years of age
- Graduating high school senior
- Actively rostered to a team accepted and playing in the WAGS Rael Vodicka Tournament during the year of application. Copy of the state certified roster is required.
- Committed or planning to play in college. Confirmation of acceptance required before funds are awarded. If you do not have a letter of intent yet, as you have a contingency in play or have not yet received your letter, please have the coach write a letter to confirm your status with their school. Only one letter should be uploaded. Please note, if you cannot provide the letter of intent at submission, an actual confirmation letter of intent will be required no later than April 1st. After this date, your submission will be voided.
- Minimum 3.70 GPA. Copy of high school transcript required.
- Checklist (documents associated with b through f should be uploaded as PDF files)
- Completed application.
- Letter of Intent
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- Soccer reference
- Character reference
- Applicant’s choice
- Soccer resume (maximum one-page)
- Resume outlining academic, extracurricular and community activities (maximum one-page)
- Applicant’s essay on how “Soccer has Empowered Me” (500-word maximum)